Building a Minimal, Production-Ready Infrastructure on DigitalOcean
Cloud infrastructure can be complex, making figuring out which products and services – often from a list of unfamiliar terms – a daunting task. Join Developer Advocate Mason Egger as he walks you through how to build a minimal, production-ready architecture that pieces together many of DigitalOcean’s products. We’ll use Terraform to build a production-ready infrastructure for your project or business in real time. Follow along or spin up your own. The code is hosted on GitHub here.
What You’ll Learn
- How to integrate DigitalOcean Droplet, DBaaS, LBaaS, VPC, Firewall, and DNS into a production-ready infrastructure
- The importance of VPCs and how they benefit your infrastructure
- How to use Terraform to stand up your infrastructure with a few commands
- Ready-to-deploy code can be found on GitHub
- New to Terraform? Learn how to use it using this GitHub Repo
About the Presenter
Mason Egger (@masonegger) is currently a Developer Advocate at DigitalOcean, specializing in cloud infrastructure, distributed systems, and Python. Prior to his work at DigitalOcean, he was an SRE (Site Reliability Engineer), helping build and maintain a highly available hybrid multi-cloud PaaS. He is an avid programmer, speaker, educator, and writer/blogger. He is a maintainer of the DigitalOcean Terraform provider and contributes to random open source projects here and there. In his spare time, he enjoys reading, camping, kayaking, and exploring new places.