Welcome to ProComputers.com Virtual Image Library:
About ProComputers.com images:
In order to work Microsoft Azure and Amazon EC2 public clouds, all ProComputers.com images are slightly modified from what you would have immediately after installing the operating system from a release CD. Below are couple of highlights concerning ProComputers.com images:
- All packages are installed within one single 8 or 10 (for RHEL) GiB instance volume.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) images are integrated with Red Hat Update Infrastructure (RHUI) in all public cloud regions. This gives users the possibility to install new RPM packages and get regular security updates without purchasing a separate RHEL subscription.
- Root partition and the corresponding filesystem are automatically extended if selected volume is bigger than the default one.
- All images are minimal installations, that contain just enough packages to run within Azure/AWS, bring up a SSH Server and allow users to login.
- Cloud-init, as well as the security updates available at the release date are included.
- The network is configured to use DHCP and SELinux is enabled by default. Enhanced Networking is enabled.
- ssh root login is disabled and only a special user is available and allowed to login using ssh and the public key specified at instance launch time.
- Every time the image is booted, cloud-init fetches the public half of an SSH key pair specified at instance launch time and arranges for this special user login using that key.
- The image version you are using can be found by running cat /etc/procomputers-release command. This file is updated every time a new image version is released. The version string looks something like this: CentOS-8.1-x86_64-Minimal-8GiB-HVM-20200407_163908.
For any issues with images provided by ProComputers.com, please contact ProComputers.com Support. Include with yout request the image version (output of cat /etc/procomputers-release command) you are using, the instance type and the region. This will help us when trying to reproduce your issue.
Custom Cloud Image creation:
If you have custom image building requirements, please contact ProComputers.com Support, and we'll be more than happy to discuss with you.