Join the challenge to play with DigitalOcean Functions, learn more about the power of serverless, win prizes, and have fun along the way!
What are Functions? Functions are blocks of code that run on demand without the need to manage any infrastructure. Develop on your local machine, test your code from the command line (usingdoctl), then deploy to App Platform — no servers required.
1. Visit the DigitalOcean Functions docs to get acquainted.
2. Join the #functions-challenge channel in the DigitalOcean Discord (Optional)
4. Make an API request to create your shark. Instructions Below.
5. Visit functionschallenge.digitalocean.com and see your shark swimming in the aquarium!
6. Share your shark with a friend or your community.
7. Let us know you've completed your challenge by filling out this form.
8. Upon successfully completing these steps participants will earn a DigitalOcean T-shirt and DigitalOcean Sammy Stickers (up to the 500th participant.)
Follow these instructions in order to earn the prize
- Your shark must be created during the dates of the challenge, June 7 - July 7, 2022. The submission period ends at 11:59 pm PST/ 8 AM UTC on July 7, 2022.
- Challenge participants must be at least 18+ years old.
- Participants must submit projects individually and only one per participant.
- The project must be deployed either as a standalone function (Docs) or a function in an App Platform app (Docs.)
- Once your shark is swimming in the aquarium, participants must share the experience your community to grow the number of sharks in the aquarium.
Visit the docs and create your DigitalOcean Function. You can create a function one of two ways. As a standalone function or a function in an App Platform app.
The type of Sammy:
sammy, retro, pony, punk, pizza, bootcamp, dinosaur, robot, xray
Visit functionschallenge.digitalocean.com and see your shark swimming in the aquarium!
Resources to help you get started
Regional availability: DigitalOcean Functions will be available in: NYC, AMS, SFO, SGP, LON, FRA, TOR, BLR regions.
Documentation: View our documentation to learn more.
Sample apps: Learn about sample apps available for DigitalOcean Functions.
Walkthrough video: See here for a walkthrough of DigitalOcean Functions.
How to Manage Functions in App Platform: How to develop on your local machine, test your code from the command line usingdoctl, then deploy to App Platform --- no servers required.
Join the #functions-challenge channel in the DigitalOcean Discord
These are your DigitalOcean Functions Challenge Mentors who will be helping answer your questions.