Permanent contract, full-time
Preferred starting date: ASAP
What you’ll be doing
EDAA – the cross-industry alliance of EU-level organisations which make up the value chain of data-driven advertising within Europe – is looking for a highly motivated and reliable Project Coordinator to work with our small international team in Brussels. If you’re a proactive self-starter with a professional attitude and are eager to gain experience at the heart of Europe, in an environment where the world of digital advertising meets the growing demands for consumer data protection, online privacy and advertising transparency, then this opportunity is for you! Working in our office in central Brussels (or telework due to COVID-19 policy), you will be working with the team in developing the European Self-Regulatory Programme for Data-Driven Advertising.
The role will involve:
- Closely work with the Director of Programme Development and the team to support the development and implementation of the Self-Regulatory Programme.
- Closely work with the team, participating companies and member organisations to prepare, coordinate and compile contributions to documents, plans, deliverables
- Prepare and attend a range of internal and external meetings, conferences, and events.
- Respond to member and consumer requests and queries and compile relevant statistics.
- Support European level initiatives related to digital advertising transparency, choice and control.
- Engage with participating companies and governing trade organisations.
What skills and experience you need
- Project management knowledge and concrete one to two years of experience; previous participation in technology implementation projects is a plus.
- Solid understanding of how advertising works in general, and digital advertising in particular.
- Fluent spoken English, knowledge of at least one other European language is a plus.
- Excellent English writing, editing and proofreading skills (knowledge of other European languages an asset).
- Interest in issues surrounding data protection or online privacy, as well as a keen interest in the digital advertising industry.
- Enthusiastic approach to delivering high quality results with attention to detail.
- Adept problem-solver, demonstrating a positive attitude towards challenges.
- Proactive team player, with an ability to work autonomously towards completion of tasks and responsibilities.
What EDAA offers
- A full-time permanent contract, in relation to a specific project currently being launched.
- Opportunity to work in a fast-moving industry, and to participate to the development on industry solution to increase the transparency and responsibility of the digital advertising industry
- The opportunity to experience an international working environment within a small and committed multicultural team.
- Exposure to a diverse range of stakeholders (notably across the advertising industry).
- Access to a wide network in the Brussels public affairs scene
Candidates must already have the right to work in Belgium.
Type of contract: permanent, full-time.
A full application must consist of your CV and cover letter (in English) emphasizing relevant past experience.
All applications should be sent to Ionel Naftanaila at [email protected], with the subject heading: “EDAA APPLICATION: Project Coordinator”.
Applications will be treated as they come in. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis, for an anticipated start date end-September 2022. We may choose to conduct interviews via phone/Skype/Zoom.
Due to the high volume of expected applications, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.