Happy New Year 2021 - Animation
Ball physics animation written in direct WebGL to celebrate the end of 2020.
- Uses hardware instancing with
ANGLE_instanced_arraysfor minimum draw calls
- Supports VAOs with
OES_vertex_array_objectto organise buffer and attributes state and reduce WebGL calls
- Post processing step using fullscreen quad for the metaball gooey effect
- Custom animation and physics written from scratch
I studied 2D balls physics and collision detection and created this Codepen collection to document my progress.
MacBook Pro (Retine, 13-inch, 2019) / 2,4 GHz Intel Core i5 / 8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 / Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 1536 MB
- Chrome 89 - average 0.1ms - 0.11ms
- Firefox 84 - average 0.02ms - 0.03ms
- Safari 13 - average 0.08ms - 0.1ms
iPhone 6s / iPhone 8 / iPhone 11 / iPad Mini Average 0.08ms - 0.1ms