The Developer Experience (DX) Automator
This tool is intended to help make managing multiple GitHub repositories much easier for DX, DevRel, and Open Source Engineering teams.
Everyone who participates in our repo is expected to comply with our Code of Conduct.
We welcome contributions in the form of issues, pull requests and code reviews.
Usage - Standalone Scripts
Update the development environment with your GITHUB_TOKEN, for example:
- Copy the sample environment file to a new file:
cp .env_sample .env
- Edit the new
.envto add your GitHub Personal Access Token
- Source the
.envfile to set the variable in the current session:
Install the python dependencies and activate the environment:
make install source venv/bin/activate
python ./examples/action_items.py python ./examples/metrics.py python ./examples/metrics.py --org twilio
Usage - Updating DataDog Monitors through Terraform
- Open a PR that includes any relevant changes to
datadog_monitors.tflocated in the
- After your changes are approved, merge the PR to Main
- Use the team's credentials to login to the Terraform-DI service account
- Navigate to the workspaces tab.
- Click on the runs tab to verify that the changes to the monitors are made successful.