Thank you for your interest in Google’s Product Experts Program (the “Program”). By signing up to join the Program, you (“you”, a “participant” or a “Product Expert”) agree to be bound by (1) the Google Terms of Service (including the Google Help Communities Content Policy), and (2) the additional rules set forth below (together the "Rules"). Product Experts who participate in or contribute to the YouTube platform and related products, services and features (“YouTube Services”) further agree to be bound by the YouTube Terms of Service (including the YouTube Community Guidelines). YouTube Contributors are part of the Product Expert Program and may also be referred to as Product Experts.
The Program is supported by Google Help Communities (“Community platform”), provided to you by Google LLC (referred to as “Google”, “we”, “us”, or “our”), an online space where a diverse group of participants can share information, tips, interact in conversations and collaborate.
You must comply with the Rules at all times when accessing, using, or participating in, the Program and its Community platform. Before you access, use or participate in the Program and the Community platform, please read the Rules carefully and make sure you understand them.
In order to be eligible to join the Program as a Product Expert, you must:
- Have a valid and active Google account, and for video creators have an active and valid YouTube channel, that is not pending, suspended or inactive;
- Be at least 16 years of age (Note: you must be 18+ to be eligible for Gold Product Expert status); and
- Have signed up to participate in the Program here
Organizations, brands, and businesses are not eligible for the Program. If you offer service(s) for hire - such as marketing yourself as a Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Specialist - you agree to not solicit, for commercial purposes, any participants of the Program, or market or promote your service(s) including to participants of the Program or on any Google or YouTube forums, communities, or events.
Continued participation in the Program may be restricted or revoked for a variety of reasons, including, but not limited to: (i) if you are a government official, including government employee, candidate for public office, or employee of a government-owned or government-controlled company, public international organization, or political party; (ii) if you work for an employer where the access, use or disclosure of confidential information from that employer or from Google could create a conflict of interest with your participation in the Program; (iii) if you have been flagged or removed from other Google programs or initiatives, or (iv) if you have breached confidentiality, including NDAs, program rules or guidelines across any Google products or services. Google may limit or cancel participation in the Program as determined by Google at its sole discretion.
Product Experts must engage and respect the other users on the platform, other members of the Program and Google employees or vendors who help facilitate the Program. Participation in the program is completely voluntary and Product Experts may leave the Program at any time or for any reason. Active participation in the Program corresponds to eligibility for status and perks as described below, and includes engagement in the following activities:
- Engaging in the support forums on a regular basis
- Helping users with common product questions or with participation in online communities or social platforms
- Responding to Community Managers in a timely and respectful manner, and participating in hangouts or other group activities on a regular basis
- Successfully submitting video contributions to be added in Google or YouTube Help playlists
C. GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT PERKS
- All perks are subject to availability. Certain perks are available only during the time periods described in the Program communications (including the Program website).
- Perks you have accepted, used or redeemed are not refundable, exchangeable, replaceable, redeemable or transferable for cash, credit or other rewards under any circumstances.
- By accepting, using or redeeming perks, you release Google LLC and its subsidiaries, affiliates and suppliers, from any and all liability regarding the acceptance, redemption or use of perks, or other participation in the Program.
- Google is not responsible for replacing lost, stolen or mutilated perks, or re-inviting you to any event (if the perk was an invitation to an event) that you may have missed.
- We reserve the right to modify or cancel any perks at any time.
D. APPROPRIATE CONDUCT AND PARTICIPATION
- You must comply with these Rules at all times. As part of your participation in the Program, you will not:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (including the rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- Use language that is disrespectful, offensive or harmful when addressing other Program participants (including users in the Community, other Product Experts, and Google employees or vendors who help facilitate the Program);
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unlawful, inappropriate, defamatory or obscene content or message;
- Impersonate another person or entity;
- Share or distribute confidential information;
- Transmit any viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses, or any items of a destructive nature; or
- Submit fake, falsified, misleading, or inappropriate contributions.
- If you are invited to any events in connection with your participation in the Program (each an “Event”), you agree to comply with any Event rules or regulations, as well as applicable law, while attending an Event.
- You must abide by Google's Anti-Harassment policy both as part of the Program and at Events. You will be held accountable for your own actions as well as the actions of any guests you invite to Events (if guests are permitted). You may be removed from any Event and the Program based on your actions or behavior as well as those of your guests.
- You must not at any time represent yourself in any way as a Google or YouTube employee or a representative of Google or YouTube, or of any of their products or services. Google and YouTube are not in any way responsible or liable for your contributions to the Program including for any errors, omissions, or for any loss or damage arising from your contributions.
- Google may suspend or terminate your participation from the Program at any time, in its sole discretion.
- Violations of these rules, breaches of confidentiality, or any behavior not fitting the Program may result in Google taking action against you, including, but not limited to, removing you from the Program, revoking access to specific benefits or perks, or ceasing communications with you.
E. CHANGES TO THE PROGRAM
We reserve the right to make changes to the Program, including changes to these Rules and Program eligibility, at any time.
We are under no obligation to provide the Program and associated Communities, and we may discontinue, suspend, or terminate, any aspect of the Program at any time, including terminating any and all Communities as applied to any specific participant, category of participants, or all participants.
F. LEAVING THE PROGRAM
- Google may ask you to leave the program at any time based on your behavior on or off the platform. If for any reason we cancel your access to the Program, any historical participation in your Program account may be forfeited and any unlocked perk that is not yet redeemed, used, or accepted may be forfeited.
- You may cancel or terminate your status as a Product Expert at any time for any reason. Any access, perks, historical account information or unused rewards may be forfeited at the time of cancelation.
- If any component of your Google or YouTube account is not in good standing, your enrollment in the Program may be suspended or canceled.
- If you are subject to any confidentiality obligations in connection with your participation in the Program (for example, by signing a Program NDA upon achieving a certain tier status), those obligations will survive any termination or cancelation of the Program.
G. COMMUNICATION ABOUT THE PROGRAM
By participating in the Product Experts Program, you agree to receiving important Program email notifications and updates that affect your account in Google’s Help Communities or your participation in the Program.
H. USER DATA AND PRIVACY
- You agree that Google may use your user name, channel name, and content relating to your participation in, contribution to, and activities relating to, any Community in presentations, marketing materials, participant lists, websites, research and marketing case studies and other marketing related activities. You grant to Google a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide license to display such names and content for the above purposes. You further agree not to make any public announcement relating to any Community that suggests partnership with Google, or endorsement by Google, without Google’s prior review and approval.
- You understand that we do not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any contribution and content you submit or share publicly in connection with any Community.
- You are responsible for complying with all applicable laws, rules and regulations (including U.S. export control or trade laws), and all Google or YouTube policies including these Rules. In addition, you are responsible for complying with all applicable tax laws and filing requirements in connection with the Program including for any perks if required. Do not access or use the Program in a manner that violates such laws, rules and regulations, or any Google or YouTube policies or in a manner that is deceptive, unethical, false or misleading.
- From time to time, we may elect to promote your membership or tier status in the Program. As part of such promotion, you may be required to sign a limited confidentiality agreement, and confirm that you are not employed by a government entity or any other employer in a capacity that would present a conflict of interest.
- All questions or disputes regarding eligibility for the Program, eligibility of unlocking perks will be resolved by Google at its sole discretion.
- You are not Google’s or YouTube’s employee, legal partner, representative or agent; the parties are independent contractors, and you are not entitled to, and Google is not obligated or required to pay you, compensation of any kind for your participation in the Product Experts Program, associated Community platform, or actions or omissions relating to any aspect of the Program.
- By participating in the Program, you agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute, claim or demand related in any way to the Program will be decided by binding arbitration, and you waive any right to bring any class, collective or representative action on behalf of or together with other persons. All disputes between you and Google of any kind arising out of the Program will be submitted to Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc. (“JAMS”) for binding arbitration under its rules available at www.jamsadr.com in the San Jose, California, USA area, before one arbitrator to be mutually agreed upon by both parties, with both parties equally sharing in the arbitration costs incurred.
- Any local language translation (where applicable) exists for reference purposes only, and only the English version will be legally binding. If there is any inconsistency between the two versions, the English version will control.