Variable is a London based art and design studio blending cutting edge technology and aesthetics emerging from data, processes and human behaviour. We work with global brands and organisations to create ever changing generative art, immersive installations and data-driven designs.
Are you an artist or designer with a strong sense of aesthetics interested in using code to bring your ideas to life?
As a Computational Designer Intern you will
- Design visual systems and algorithms for projects in the areas of graphic design & branding, generative design and data art.
- Use Nodes – our in-house visual programming tool – to quickly prototype your ideas, expand existing projects and leverage Variable’s 10 years experience in creating stunning designs.
- Get an insight into the design process at Variable across all stages from concept ideation, research and prototyping to production.
- Work together with senior members of the team on real world projects for international brands and organisations.
- Get mentoring, advice and constructive feedback on your current work and possible next steps while working on your own to achieve set objectives.
- Document your work and explorations both visually and in writing to communicate your ideas and progress with the whole team.
- Portfolio showcasing understanding principles of colour theory, layout, typography and clarity of message.
- Passion and commitment to learning.
What we offer
- Paid internship
- Position available immediately over 2 months duration with possibility of turning into a full-time role.
- Remote work with flexible hours (UK based only)
We’re looking to foster a diverse and inclusive environment by hiring individuals from various backgrounds who display strong potential. This internship is about you learning from us but also us learning from you.
How to apply
Please apply by sending email to [email protected] with your portfolio (website/pdf) and a few sentences about why you are interested.