Which account settings will I be able to manage in Accounts Center?
Your Accounts Center is a place to manage connected experiences (like syncing your profile information) across Facebook, Messenger and Instagram.
Soon, you’ll also be able to access and manage certain settings in Accounts Center. If you have accounts on multiple Meta technologies (for example, Facebook and Instagram), you’ll be able to update some of your settings across all of your accounts in the same place.
You can find Accounts Center on Facebook, Messenger or Instagram in your settings.
Settings you can manage in Accounts Center
Some of the settings you currently manage within specific apps (Facebook, Messenger and Instagram) are moving to Accounts Center, including the following:
- Personal details (birthday, contact information, identity confirmation, memorialization)
- Password and security (change password, 2-factor authentication, login alerts, login activity, where you’re logged in)
- Ad preferences (ad settings, ad topic preferences, advertisers)
- Your information and permissions (download, access, and transfer your information, your activity off Meta technologies, cookies, and others)
You’ll also be able to delete, deactivate or reactivate your accounts and profiles in Accounts Center.
A few of these settings (your birthday, your ad topic preferences and your activity off Meta technologies settings) will apply to all of the accounts you’ve added to the same Accounts Center.
For example, when you change your birthday in Accounts Center, your birthday will be changed for all the accounts you've added. If you add a new account to Account Center with a different birthday, we'll ask you to confirm which birthday to apply across all accounts. Similarly, if you make changes to your ad topic preferences and choose to see more or less of a certain topic, your selection will be applied to ads you see across all of your connected accounts.
Your activity off Meta technologies settings
Your activity off Meta technologies is a summary of activity that businesses and organizations share with us about your interactions, such as visiting their apps or websites. This information helps us do things like give you a more personalized experience on Facebook, Instagram and/or Messenger. You can adjust your activity off Meta technologies setting to disconnect your past history or future activity from your accounts.
Once you’ve added more than one account to the same Accounts Center (and certain settings are moved to Accounts Center), your activity off Meta technologies may be impacted in the following ways:
- If you’ve disconnected any future activity off Meta technologies associated with one of your accounts but not others, we’ll start disconnecting any future activity associated with the accounts you’ve added to the same Accounts Center.
- Once your accounts in your Accounts Center are disconnecting any future activity, the account that wasn’t disconnecting that activity will also have any previous activity cleared.
- If you’ve disconnected activity from a specific app or website with one of your accounts but not the other, the activity from that app or website will be disconnected across all of your accounts in your Accounts Center.
Settings you can manage within specific apps (Facebook, Messenger and Instagram)
For settings that only affect your experience on a single app, you’ll still manage those settings from that specific app settings menu on Facebook, Messenger and Instagram. These settings include:
- Preferences that are specific to that app (for example, Activity Log, Notifications)
- Device settings for that specific app (for example, Dark mode, Media Settings - Video and Photos, Cellular data usage)
- Who can see and interact with you and your posts in that specific app (Profile Locking, Profile and Tagging)