How can my US nonprofit apply for Facebook’s Fundraising Tools without banking info?
If you have all of the materials you’ll need, then the application process can take up to 30 minutes. Find out what you need to complete the application.
Saving application and who can submit
You cannot save partially completed applications. If you have to stop working on the application before you’ve submitted, then you’ll have to start over when you return.
Note: Only the admin for your organization’s Facebook Page can complete and submit the application.
Note: You’ll need to use a computer to apply.
Step 1: Go to the application
- On your computer, login to Facebook.
- On the left, click Fundraisers.
- On the left, under “Sign up for Charitable Giving Tools,” click Sign up. You will automatically go to the application.
Step 2: Enter your organization’s info
- On the application page, click Start your application.
- Select your country.
- Select Registry. Note: When you select the US as your country, this section will automatically be filled.
- Choose “No, don’t upload my banking info” and click Next.
- Read “Before start.” Check that you have everything you need.
- Click Next.
- Enter the details for your organization:
- Organization type
- Registered, legal name of your organization
- Nonprofit category. Example: The World Wildlife Fund would be in the “Environmental” category.
- Address info
- Phone number
- Email for organization
- Tax ID type
- Tax ID number
- Certify that the info is true and click Next.
You’ll automatically go to a screen that asks you to upload a document that verifies your info.
Step 3: Upload verification document, enter CEO info, and submit
- To add your document, click Upload. Acceptable documents include:
- Utility or phone bill: Must be from the last 6 months.
- Business license: Must be current and government issued.
- Business tax filing: Must be from previous tax year. Example: If you apply in 2021, then your document must be from 2020.
- Certificate of formation: Must be from last 50 years.
- Articles of incorporation: Must be from last 50 years.
- You’ll see the file name when it’s uploaded successfully. Click Next.
- Enter the info for your CEO or highest ranking official:
- First name
- Middle name (optional)
- Last name
- Date of birth
- Click Next.
- Click Submit.
- Click Done.
After you submit your application, you’ll see a screen that thanks you for applying. Your organization’s Facebook Page will be reviewed as part of the application process. We make sure that what your organization posts follows our Community Standards.
- How long review takes: Reviews can take up to 3 weeks from the date you submitted your application.
- Where to check status: You can check the status of your application on the same page you applied from. It will also be sent to the Support Inbox for your organization’s Page. An email will also be sent to all admins for your Page.
- How we’ll contact you: When a decision has been made about your application, a message will be sent to the email you provided when you applied.
- After you submit: Learn more about what to expect after you send your application.