How you can help
WebGL brings 3D graphics to the Web, but for that to happen, we need people to have good graphics drivers. WebGL has a great conformance test suite, but bugs in graphics drivers are causing test failures. We need to know which drivers come closest to passing all WebGL conformance tests. This is where you can help.
Please follow these steps on any desktop operating system: we are interested in Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
- 1. Get a developer preview version of your favorite WebGL browser, as listed below. Do not bother testing on an older browser, as there would be more noise in the results.
- 2. Make sure that you are using a recent Graphics driver.
- You are very welcome to test with a Beta driver. That's even better for us, actually.
- 3. Go to this page, click the 'run tests' button. When finished, a 'display text summary' button will appear. Click it.
- 4. Compose new email, paste the text summary into it, and also paste your Graphics system information, which you can obtain as follows:
- In Chrome or Opera, go to the about:gpu page, paste its contents
- In Firefox, go to the about:support page, paste the contents of its Graphics section.
- 5. Send the email to [email protected]
- Please use a descriptive Subject for your email, giving your browser and graphics system information. For example: "Firefox 14, Windows 7 64bit, NVIDIA 295.67, Quadro FX 880M"