Will Rocky Linux support my hardware(along with some other questions)?
Hello good people of r/RockyLinux!
I would like to know if Rocky Linux 8 will be able to support my cpu + gpu. I run an Intel Core i9 12900k(Alder Lake) and an RTX 3090. I an interested in using Rocky Linux as my desktop OS for some machine learning/data science side projects along with some college projects I would have to do. I know that Rocky uses Kernel 4.8 so me having some newer hardware brought some red flags for me.
I also wanted to ask if it is possible to install the newer versions of Python and R on Rocky Linux. I know it uses older packages in favor of stability(Which is fine and what I want. I can use flatpaks for newer versions of packages).
I have been debating bewteen Debian, Rocky and OpenSUSE Leap so any suggestions or pros/cons is welcome.
Edit: For anyone wondering why I am asking about the CPU+GPU, I was unsure about support since Rocky uses an old kernel especially support for the CPU as the 12900k uses Intel's Alder Lake architecture that has a different spin in the core layout with P cores and E cores along with a different hyper threading method.
Similar to this post
- r/CrusaderKingsWill CK3 DLC work on my Xbox One?100%4May 9
- r/buildapcWill my Noctua NH-D15 Fit with my Hyperx Fury RGB RAM?50%32/2/2021
- r/buildapcWill my new Ryzen 7 5800x work with my Prime B350-Plus...100%1212/9/2020
- r/buildapcWill the RTX 3090 fit in my PC?50%15May 16
- r/buildapcWill the Gammaxx 400 EX fit on a Tomahawk Max motherboard...100%1May 15
- r/RockyLinuxRocky 9.1 Released 11/26100%320h
- r/RockyLinuxLaptop touchpad not recognized - seeking knowledge80%55d
- r/RockyLinuxRocky Linux conersion script67%66d
- r/RockyLinuxKernel panic when upgrade Rocky 8.663%35d