After desktop updates: "A system restart is required" - why?
It feels like windows all over again, frequent updates which need a computer restart. As I hibernate a lot because of long dev project lengths it really is a PITA.
Why do I need to restart and can I get away with not restarting? Will that prevent future updates from being successful until I restart?
Similar to this post
- r/starcitizenAfter Character Reset: Error Code 15011 (Account Login...14%39/11/2021
- r/LGV60After LG A11 Update NT-CODE: 0 Appears After Every...100%205/22/2021
- r/ShieldAndroidTVAfter upgrade: streaming apps do not work when +2 drives...83%4Jul 2
- r/buildapcAfter Valorant install - "Scanning and repairing drive C"...67%1Jun 25
- r/firefoxafter 83 update, required to login to view any instagram...80%411/23/2020
- r/linuxquestionsFound /home/noboddy suspicious directory97%885d
- r/linuxquestionsWhy do schools or universities almost never use Linux...92%1251d
- r/linuxquestionsIs it true that Huawei and Google are among the top...93%733d
- r/linuxquestionsWhy is holy C so under utilized?78%663d
- r/linuxquestionsWhat's with so many apps being offered as "appimage" file...92%1125d
- r/linuxquestionsWhat's the difference between a daemon and a service?97%554d
- r/linuxquestionsDoes anyone here use Linux for everything but also has a...82%1251d
- r/linuxquestionsdrwxr-xr-x. what does the dot mean93%62d
- r/linuxquestionsWhat sandbox solution exist on Linux?87%572d
- r/linuxquestionsAll GTK(3?) apps are locked to 60 Hz98%86d